Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Well "Dan"-Dan

Ok this post was suppose to be posted last week but somehow I was too caught up with other things to do. Priority first!

Oh as you all know (or not), I have been tutoring English for quite a while now under the peer tutor programme in my college. Dandan, my "student" from China, made me so proud when she showed me a piece of paper of her lecturer's comment on her presentation. Quite bangga lar, now knowing that my tutoring, tips and whatever crap which I had impart to her somehow or rather did improve her English a little. Nevertheless she was a really hardworking student and it paid off. I even took a picture of the paper *ishh don't blame me lar - I'm just too happy ok* . Here it is...

*click on picture to enlarge*

If you still can't see what it says, it runs like this "Guo Dan Dan kept up a good flow of language and was not referring to notes. You had some movement and gestures and your presentation was quite lively. There was some good connecting language eg. 'let us move on to the next slide'. You seemed to know your facts and had a good conclusion. The slides support the content."

Yay to her and to me!~

I had made it clear from the beginning that she should not only concentrate on her final paper but also on her coursework as her coursework carries 50%, huge weightage there. She did listen to me! Such a good girl. You make me proud. I sayang you.

I had also bought her a book to serve as a motivation and I told her that everytime she reads it, make sure she understands it and to read it out loud as this would improve her pronunciation. I bought her this - and she seems to like it.


Good book eh? She said it was a meaningful book which also means she understands what she's reading. And guess what, she even went the extra mile of writing down every single word which she didn't understand and to find the meaning of it. Lagi lar I sayang her!.

Anyway, glad to have you as my "student" Dandan and I know you'll do well in ENL207. Am so proud of you, and once again, "Well Dan" Dan.

3 comments:

Amier said...

Wah cikgu oliver, bagusnya, congrats la berjaya mendidik.

YilingL said...

wah so geng! dandan seems to ring a bell... last time i had a classmate by the same name... hmmm.

anyway good job on that and tuesdays with morrie is a good read.. made me cry :'(

Oliver K. said...

Mr. Amir : Mesti lah saya hebat. Ajar sampai air liur kering :(

Yi Ling : haha geng nehh. she told me her coursework marks all improve a lot. :D. Yea its a good book, but I havent read it. hahah. I think i need to buy myself that book too